Well, I'm still sharing the old laptop :( We were hoping we wouldn't have to buy a new computer if DH's other laptop came back working (he sent it to Acer for repair). But it's STILL not working! I can't tell you how pissed off we are with Acer, and Geek Squad (the people Acer recommended taking it to first). Geek Squad at Best Buy* is just a group of idiots who don't know anything about fixing laptops. They said they were sending it to Acer 3 or 4 times (of the 6 or 7 times we took it to them), but Acer only has record of it being sent in once... and that was the time we sent it directly to them!
A bunch of stuff has been replaced on it, but the blueray player still won't play DVDs, only CDs. DH didn't choose the laptop because of the blueray, but he can't play any DVDs or burn to DVD. And, it won't connect to the internet. It's not our router because this laptop still connects (obviously). It can see our internet, and a few others, but it won't connect to any of them.
And of coarse, the warranty expires on the 28th, so we have just a couple of days to get it back to them for one last repair attempt.
Anyway, enough about that! I still have limited internet time, and I can't easily upload photos (this laptop doesn't have a slot for SD cards), so I still won't be able to update much. I have been scrapping here and there... I finished a chipboard mini-album, a few cards, and some layouts that I can't wait to share with you!
*Note: I'm not saying all Geek Squad employees are idiots. Just the ones who work at our local Best Buy that helped us.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
My computer doesn't have an SD slot either, but I purchased a card reader with a USB cable for fairly cheap. (Maybe $15?) I know it's yet another cost, but I thought I'd put it out there anyway. I've heard mixed things about the Geek Squad, so I'm not all that surprised that you had idiots. :D
DH actually has one, but it's in storage somewhere :)
I can upload pics straight from the camera with the cable.... but DH doesn't want me to put any on the computer (for fear it will crash, since he's aleady had that problem with it). It just takes twice as long to upload to an online site straight from the camera.... takes longer for me to edit the pics too. It's just more of a pain/inconvenience this way :(
ACK! Jen, I have an Acer with the same problem!!! I have had all of my computer guys working on it, and they think they have it fixed, and I bring it home, and boom, it won't hook up to the internet again. I'm ready to trash it, too. My SIL and his computer guru's said they found a couple of threads on the internet that said there is an inherent problem with the Acers that do this, and nobody seems to have found a good solution. Let me know if you find one! Mine is out of warranty now, but I have computer geeks in my back pocket! Sorry you are having trouble.
Post a Comment