BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #26

Happy Wednesday! I am totally NOT ready for Easter to be this Sunday! There's outfits to buy, baskets to fill, eggs to dye and hide.... I'm not prepared. But, at least I have a cute card to give my kids :)
This week's Cuttlebug Be Inspired challenge is to make an Easter card with embossed vellum.

Front:

Inside:

I decided to use a clear SheetLoad acetate sheet for the base of my card. I cut the Easter egg on the Cricut using Doodlecharms; 2 vellum, and 2 cardstock eggs.

I inked the edges of the cardstock eggs with lavender Dew Drop Brilliance ink, and adhered one to the inside and one on the back of the card. Then I traced the egg on the front of the card and cut it into an egg shape. I embossed my large vellum egg with the Cuttlebug using Perfect Paisley and the small egg using Swiss Dots. I used the lavender ink again to bring out the embossing.

I adhered the large vellum egg to the front of the card and added a strip of green cardstock for a
"grassy" look. I tore the top edge and inked using CTMH Sweet Leaf ink. I stamped "egg hunt" on the front using black StazOn ink. I tied a little yellow ribbon around the bottom of the egg, added 2 Prima flowers on the left, and the small vellum egg on the right.

TFL!

9 comments:

Karen said...

What a sweet card and I love the way you used your vellum.
That big egg is so adorable!!

Eva said...

What a fabulous card Jen...love every bit about it.

Christy said...

Wowza...great card!!!!!

Allison said...

great card, love the egg
AllisonX

Mrs J said...

Gorgeous, cute card Jenn! Love that you've put it onto a clear card base. Beautifully embossed vellum too! Hope you manage to get everything ready in time for the weekend! Have fun!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! I love the lavender highlighting!

Cassie said...

i thought this was just super clever!!

Nathalia Castellon said...

Oh I loved this the moment I saw it Jenn! Beautiful job!

Amber said...

What a cute Easter Egg:) Great job with this week's challenge!