BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Paper Bag Album for Cuttlebug Challenge #10


This week's Cuttlebug Challenge is to create a holiday project other than a card. I made a paper bag album.


Here's the front cover:


It's kinda hard to tell in this pic, but the "Merry Christmas" is embossed with D'vine Swirl

first set of pages:


second set of pages (embossed with D'vine Swirl):

third set (heat embossed the edges with gold):

fourth set (embossed with Diamond in the Rough):last set:
back cover:
side view with pull out tags (embossed with D'vine Swirl and Diamond in the Rough):


I took 3 standard brown paper bags and folded them in half. I cut my papers about 1/8" smaller than an album page. I inked all bag edges and paper edges with black Staz-On ink. All paper is from Close to my Heart's "Evensong" level 2 pack. I've done distressing, inking, heat embossing and dry embossing with the Cuttlebug. There are 3 side pockets to add journaling or photos. I've made 2 tags, which I embossed with the Cuttlebug, then inked with metallic gold ink, and black Staz-On ink. I've also put a tab so they are easy to pull out and added a Prima flower embelllished with gold Stickles. The front cover has 2 silk-like flowers and 3 holly leaves, all embellished with gold Stickles. The "Merry Christmas" saying is also embossed. The album is bound by 3 pairs of red and green metallic ribbons.




TFL!

5 comments:

Christy said...

This is gorgeous!!! Is the paper bag just folded in half so it's a pretty big album?

Allison said...

I just love paper bag albums and yours is great
AllisonX

Maggie Lamarre said...

oh this is fabulous! Shall I send you my addy?
Maggie

myself said...

LOVE IT! But you already know that... lol! Now I think I'm gonna do one, but AFTER Christmas, with my Christmas pics. TFS!

Tara said...

Such a fab album. Love it!