BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #17

Well, it's February already... I can't believe how fast January flew by! Happy Birthday to my oldest daughter! I am now the mother of a 12 year old; AAAAAAHHHHHH! LOL
Anyway, it's Wednesday, so that means another Cuttlebug challenge, too :)
This week's challenge is to create a "love" themed card or project. I made an explosion box.
Each layer is double sided. The outside of the box is the bottom of the 3rd layer, so there's no photo mats, but I did put photo mats on the back of the other 2 layers.
I used papers and punch outs from the Prima Romantica collection. The felt frame is Prima and so are the green and the white flowers. I also used other misc. things like rub-ons, brads, and large red flowers.
Embossing done on the Cuttlebug with D'vine Swirl, Script, and Heart Blocks. I inked and sanded the embossing.
This was my first time making an explosion box, and I think it turned out well :)
TFL!



I also want to say THANK YOU to everyone who stopped by my blog during the Cuttlebug Challenge blog hop! It was a huge success!
And big thank you to those who took the time to comment. Thanks!!













9 comments:

Eveline said...

I like explosion boxes and yours looks fantastic.
Eveline.

Anonymous said...

Love this!!!!!

Karen said...

Love your explosion box! Love the colors and the paper choices to go along with those lovely Cuttlebug folders!!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful project. I love your choice of colors and papers. I am so tired of pink and red for Valentine's day. I think your explosion box is very inspiring. Are there directions anywhere with the measurements, on SCS maybe?

scrappin_mom3 said...

this is beautiful!! I've never tired to make an explosion but I've been inspired to try!!

Mrs J said...

I think this calls for a tutorial?!?! This is absolutely gorgeous Jenn and I can't believe you haven't made one before! Gorgeous papers and embellishments, and I just love the colours!
Hugs Mrs Jx

kshand said...

This is fantastic!!

Christy said...

This is gorgeous!!!!!

Allison said...

fab box and the colurs are wonderful
AllisonX