BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #19

If you haven't yet, you should check out Cuttlebug Challenge. This week's challenge is to emboss on acetate. My card is a Thank you card for a friend who is totally awesome! Don't want to say who and spoil the surprise! :)



I embossed with the Cuttlebug using the Textile folder, then I used black Staz-On on the back to highlight the embossing. I used a heat gun to curl the plastic just a bit to give it some character :) On the back side, I added fuschia Stickles to some of the embossed parts. I used brads that I heat embossed with pink embossing powder and covered in glitter to attach the acetate to the card front. I took a scrap of white cardstock and sprayed some Glimmer Mist on it, and inked the edges with CTMH "Sweet Leaf" ink. I stamped the sentiment with black Staz-On. I layered Prima felt (lightly sprayed with Glimmer Mist), Mardi Gras-style beads, Prima flowers, and the sentiment to the front of the card.

TFL!

9 comments:

Allison said...

fab card, love all the colours
AllisonX

Mrs J said...

I love what you have done with the acetate Jenn! This looks so effective, must try it out! Gorgeous card.
Hugs Mrs Jx

Anonymous said...

I love all the bright colours that you used with the black! Great job!
Peggy

Karen said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Jenn! Thanks for the little tip on black ink on the back of the card! Stickles was a great added touch!

Unknown said...

Groovy card!

Eva said...

Ohhhh...I totally love your card, it looks just fabulous. What a cool little technique you did!!! I bet your friend will love it, too.

Amber said...

Love your card and all the different elements you added to make it beautiful! I'm sure you're friend will love it!
Hugs
Amber

Cassie said...

wonderfuL! lots of texture and lovely things to look at!

Christine said...

What a great card, Jenn! It must look fabulous IRL with the stickles and beads! Whoever receives this will be truly blessed! Thanks for sharing how you created this project!