BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, May 1, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge, Relax, Rejuvenate, Be Inspired!

Thank you for joining the Cuttlebug Challenge blog hop today! Make sure you visit all the Design Team blogs and "collect" the flowers! I chose the Hibiscus as my flower because thinking about it transports me to a beautiful sandy beach in Hawaii, where I can lounge around all day sipping cold alcoholic beverages and get a great tan! LOL I've never been to Hawaii, but the Hibiscus, to me, is a symbol for that beautiful tropical island, and it definitely relaxes me! The Hibiscus is a versatile flower with uses ranging from tea to medicine and paper to grass skirts. There are over 200 known species of Hibiscus!

Special Thank You to all of our generous sponsors!!

Blythe terrarium Etsy store
Monogrammed Robe By Tammy Etsy store
Bella Bee designs Etsy store
Ferris Wheels Wonderful gift set for PC comfort Etsy store
Delicious fun Handmill soap from SavonShoppe Etsy store

How about some Java to help us rejuvenate?
Katheryn Etsy store

What's a party without Sweets, eh?
Laura's Sweet store

How about a set of Handpainted coffee mugs?
Mary's Etsy store

How about a set of Blooming towel basket?
Christie's Etsy Store

How about some indulgent bath soap? (Fragrance may vary)
Nicki's Etsy Store

How about a manicure and pedicure kit?
Erzulie's Cosmetics Etsy store

Complete Spa basket with bath salt, eye pillow etc..
TuttieLou Designs Etsy store

How about Divine chocolate soaps?
Southern Vermont Soap Etsy store

Spa Gift Basket
Connie's Boutique Etsy Store

And don't forget to check these Design Team member's blogs for some give-aways too!

Karen M K&Co goodies
Amber Ribbon & Martha Stewart stamp set
Eva TBD
Maggie Uhu Glue
Ching SEI Windsor
Christine Basic Grey
Lea Scenic Route Sonoma papers
Danni Small Spa basket
Nathalia vintage ribbon/trim/lace
Jen P. Paisley Embossing Folder
Spike Arbonne, a pot of Glitter Ritz Glitter & a set of Spellbinders Nesties
Mrs. J Lush bath bomb, a candle and maybe a couple of other little surprises
Cassie Lavender goodies Sachet and pillow mist

To be eligible for the great prizes, make sure you:
Visit each blog in order
"Follow" each blog
Leave a comment on each blog
Grab the name of the blogger
Grab the name of the blogger's flower
Email Cuttlebug Challenge with the name of the bloggers and flowers by the end of the weekend
Make sure you start at Cuttlebug Challenge to collect all the flowers in order!

Be sure to visit Becky's blog for more blog hop fun and to collect the next flower!

118 comments:

Creative Mayhem said...

Great sponsors . . great blog hop!! Thanks so much!

rudie2shoes said...

I love your blog name, Captain Scrappy! So cute. I'm a new subscriber thru google reader. Can't wait to see more of your creations!

Wanda said...

Um Hawaii again. Just wanting to go back now...
Lots of Hugs

ellen s. said...

i tried to grow a hibiscus in a pot in the house and it didn't go very well ;) they are beautiful. great sponsors!

jeanie de la rama said...

loving the bloghop so far. thanks for sharing. :)

java diva said...

Hibiscus tea is yummy and so pretty!

Mimi said...

I love the picture you painted for me! Thank you!

joni said...

Wonderful blog...lots of inspiration! Happy NSD!

Julie said...

wow love the list of sponsours

JillyBelly said...

thanks for doing this bloghop jenn! im having a lotta fun!

Unknown said...

great blog!!! I love the theme :) I agree with you, I wold love to be on that tropical beach :)

Anonymous said...

What fabulous and generous sponsors you all have gotten in on this fabulous weekend! Thanks to them and to all of you girls! It has been so fun so far.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flower..fab blog hop..`Thanks`
Have a lovely weekend:)♥

Made by Mandy said...

I adore Hibiscus. Whenever I see them on holiday I always take pictures.

One of the most amazing memories I have is turning round a corner in LA and coming face to face with the tiniest little hummingbird sipping nectar from a hibiscus bloom in someones front garden. I was completely mesmorised and will never forget it.

silvia said...

Hibiscus also says tealxing tropical island to me.

Regina said...

looks like a fun blog hop!

Ellen said...

Great Blog hop!
I have a hisbiscus too in my back yard and it is beautiful...

Ellen

Liz said...

Love your creations!

Anonymous said...

I have one of these growing in a pot in the house and am hoping it blooms again this year. I so love this flower.

akagreenhouse said...

I like Hibiscus! They are such beautiful flowers!

MoniqueAnne said...

Your work is beautiful, Captain Scrappy (hehe)! Cannot wait to see more of it -- I'm a follower now!

Tifany said...

I'm now a follower!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful flower and I will be back for that great album.

Colleen's Crafty Constructions said...

I LOVE the pirate talk!! YAR baby.

connie said...

Finally someone that loves Hibiscus's too! I became a follower.

Tina Mayo said...

hopping along , great blog I am so relaxed and inspired by all this craftiness along the way

Colleen said...

The music is so fun. Great sponsors and what a fun blog hop.

Linda said...

Interesting facts about the hibiscus flower. I would love to go to Hawaii too!!!

Daniela Dobson said...

Hibiscus reminds me of Hawaii, too.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh now that journal book is awesome!

Teresa (aka tmom) said...

Awesome sponsors! thanks for the fun blog hop!

Mandy said...

I'm Loving the blog hop.

Calie said...

Love your blog! Can't wait to see more of your projects!

FroggieStamps said...

Your mother's day mini album is adorable, love it!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty paperbag scrapbook!!
Linda Peterson

Sharon said...

I love hibiscus!! I have not seen one since I moved from Calfornia

Chloe said...

Hehehe! your blog name cracks me up... reminds me of SpongeBob SquarePants!!!

Enjoy the Spa Weekend!

Kay D said...

I adore the bold showy blooms of the hibiscus; great flower!
I'm now following your blog; thanks for the hop!

Jennifer Hansen said...

What a cute mini album on your other post.

jenniferlynnhansen at yahoo dot com

Stampnms said...

Cute album. AArrrgh

Mary Jean said...

ok...your music has got to be the cutest music I've heard on a blog...i was literally giggling!!

Debra Johnson-King said...

Got a hibiscus bush growing wild in my garden - I live in the Caribbean, so they're everywhere. Don't last past the evening, but they're always more! My friend's pet turtle loves them as a meal!

Esther said...

A paper bag album is something I am yet to try. Thanks for sharing yours!

Amber said...

Beautiful flower Jenn and wonderful mini album tutorial today!
Hugs
Amber

Denise said...

Ohhhh...the hibiscus is one of my absolute favorite flowers! It reminds me of summer.

I've followed you and can't wait to see more of your goodies! The Mom's Day mini book is awesome!

Ramona said...

I am having a blast! 30 flowers...almost there! Whew! Your site is wonderful. I am a follower!

Brenda said...

Always nice to learn new ways to "use" flowers. I love them all. I relax in my backyard in my big ol' padded swing and just watch my flowers grow, and watch the birds, bees, and sometimes grandchildren. Life is good.

Girlsinthecraft said...

OMGoodness, that mother's day card is just beautiful. thanks for sharing it!!.......deanna

www.girlsinthecraft.blogspot.com

Katarina said...

What a great hop this is - so many fun blogs to see. I love this flower too - makes me think of tropical places...*dreaming a little while*

Thanks for the tutorial by the way.

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

I have been to Hawaii and the flower the Hibiscus is all around and you are correct -- it is relaxing.

Carol Ann said...

It would be nice to visit Hawaii one day ... I can dream! Love the paper bag album x

GretaB said...

The Hibiscus is beautiful! Thanks for the fun blog hop. :)

lisa808 said...

Fun blog hop. It's taking me two days to complete!

Reneeromero said...

Such a tropical flower. Makes me want to be on an island sitting in the sand.

Helen F. said...

YEA! Great Sponsors, thank you one and all! This has been so fun blog hopping to (some) new and many old friends. The hibiscus is such a tropical paradise flower~I love the ones in my back yard (not in Hawaii, it's Florida-still paradise to me :o)

Sheila D said...

This is so much fun. What great sponsors. I'm finding so many new blogs to add to my reader. I've just added yours. Love your idea of the shutters and your paperbag album. Going to try to incorporate both when I try the bag album.

Sue McRae said...

Hibiscus are such gorgeous and exotic flowers.

Janet said...

THat's a nice flower--it's got a unique scent, doesn't it.

Sandra Korten said...

Hi Jenn,
What a lovely card! and i totally love the paperbag album!
Sandra :-)

Sharon "Sassy" Butler said...

Just hopping through...love your work!

Eveline said...

I have a hibiscus tree just outside my door to the garden. It blooms with so many flowers each year, it's so lovely.
Eveline.

Picture This said...

Love the hibiscus! What a gorgeous flower. Thanks for doing the hop, this is fun!

Foxcraft said...

What a lovely blog, I love your mini album!

Dawnll said...

What a fun site you have, just entertaining as can be. So much fun this has been.

sandyh said...

my mom had a hibiscus shrub in her yard in indiana of all places....the flowers were as big as dinner plates!
sandyh
sandyha@comcast.net

Traicee said...

Thank you for being part of the blog hop, your blog is lovely :)

Chrisd said...

What a fun bloghop! Thanks a bunch

*BJ* said...

I love Hibiscus flowers too. We just got back from a trip to Oahu. We took lots of pictures and I have some great Hibiscus flower pictures. It was a wonderful vacation. I hope you get to Hawaii soon some day. It is a marvelous place..

Anonymous said...

The hibiscus always makes me think of the beach in summer.

Shauna K said...

blog hops rock :)

Maureen Morton said...

Hi, Jenn...and thanks! Your blog is so darn cute and original. Thanks for this great fun and beautiful flower!

Anonymous said...

The Hibiscus definitely makes me think of Hawaii. They are wonderful.

Arlene B. said...

Another beautiful flower that we try to grow! Great mothers day project. Thanks for the blog hop.

Tinchen said...

This hop is very nice
Hibiscus are nice Flowers, I like them in Summer on the balcony

Melissa said...

Love your mother day album never thought to use my bc folders for that great idea. Learn another new trick. Sweet! thanks -melissa

Melissa Kaye said...

You do such great work! I love the pirate theme!

Joy Tracey said...

Thank you for doing this! Love the hibiscus - grew up with these in Florida!

Vivi Martínez said...

I have never been in Hawaii but it sounds like a very good idea, and that flower in your picture really makes me think in a Pina colada...

kreativeimagination said...

Enjoying the hop. Happy NSD! Have a great weekned. Thank you for the tutorial and inspiration.

stampinsueco said...

Loved seeing all the hibiscus when I visited Hawaii. They are a pretty flower. I liked your paper bag album. We made a paper bag album at our stamp club a couple of months ago. They're a lot of fun.

LISA said...

Such a fun blog hop.

Ladybug said...

Love your Mother's Day creations! This blog hopping is fun!

Christi said...

Thank you for sharing the scrapbook for mother's day. It is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn :)
Loved stopping by your blog today

KerrynF said...

The amount of giveaways are amazing and it is so much fun.
Great to drop by.

JanetintheJaw said...

Thanks for the tutorial. Love the Mothers Day idea! Happy NSD!
Cheers...

jinxi~ aka angi said...

I love scrappy papers w/ these flowers. Some day I hope to use them with a beach theme!

Chrissie said...

What a lot of fab sponsors. Never been to Hawaii, makes me fancy a trip!
I am now a follower of this great blog.
Chrissie

gram2three said...

Love the mini Mothers Day card.
Great Blog site.

Daintry said...

Love your Easter card and the Mother's day paper bag album. Thanks for being in the blog hop!! Thinking of my trip to Hawaii just looking at your post!

Inkerbelle said...

I've never done a paperbag album, you've inspired me to give it a try.

Allison said...

sweet little flower
AllisoNX

cottagerca said...

Love the private theme to your blog....shipmate!!!

ava

Lisa McDowell said...

THis is a lot of fun...

Tracey Taylor said...

I LOVE this one, too!

Carol Barr said...

Love the blog hop. This is my first. Great paper bag book.

I relax by crafting with my 5 yr old grandaughter. She loves to crank the handle on the cuttlebug. It is such a delight to see the look on her face when the finished product comes through.

Make yourself a GREAT day!

Britta Swiderski said...

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing. :)

Angela Laurie said...

Hawaii.... that would be wonderful!!

DI said...

name makes sense once the music kicks in

Gloria said...

Thanks for blog hop and I love hibiscus!!!

Beth said...

Hibiscus are so pretty. This blog hop is so much fun!

Nancy D. said...

cute pirate theme....

Crystal said...

great sponsors and the hibicus evokes the same thoughts in me LOL!

Unknown said...

Another classic! I love this tea iced too!

Brianna B said...

Hawaii--oh how I want to go there!

Shelley said...

Love the music! But I think you do LOTS of stuff (you can't really say you don't do anything with a blog like that, lol). ~ Shelley

Allison Cope said...

Wow... that's a lot of sponsors! I love the pretty hibiscus flower. So fragile.

Savor the Journey said...

The Hibiscus is such a joyful & spirited flower! Taking a mental 'tropical' trip now ... ahhhhhhh!

~Bev

Gloria said...

Great blog hop and great choice of flowers!!!

Nancy G. said...

These flowers are great, and so exotic and beautiful.

bevyb said...

I'm enjoying the blog hop...discovering so many talented designers along the way

Rona said...

beautiful inspiration - great blog hop!

Susan said...

Really cute album!

Betty J Schaub said...

beautiful mini album!!

Brittany Kohl said...

Oh, I love your paper bag album. I'm so addicted to the paper bag albums, so fast & easy! Maybe I should do another one, it's been a while!

Kim Marie said...

You have some adorable projects! Thanks for the blog hop! Fun!
Kim Marie

SanDslnrs said...

I like your Mother's Day mini scrap book...so cute! I've made these and they're alot of fun to make.

Thanks for the hop!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Beautiful flower!