BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, January 30, 2009

Love Bug Weekend is here!!

It's finally here: The Cuttlebug Challenge Love Bug weekend! Make sure you check the blog for projects, tips, and our blog hop game!

I have created this little project for "Sweets for my Sweet." It's simple and quick to make! I think this is a cute and fun way to dress up those Sweethearts candies:




Materials:
scrap of red cardstock 2.5" x 7.5"
scraps of white cardstock 1" x 7.5" and 2" x 2"
black ink
heart stamp
Cuttlebug folders: Swiss Dots and Love Stamp (emboss and die combo)
Cuttlebug

First, stamp hearts randomly on the red cardstock. Wrap it around the Sweethearts box and make creases along the corners of the box. Using a bone folder or similar, fold the cardstock along the creases, creating a nice, crisp fold.
Wrap the paper around the box, cleverly hiding the seam, and adhere.
Take your white scrap 1" x 7.5" and run it through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder. You will have a little bit at the end that is not embossed. This part will be covered up, so there's no need to emboss it.
Using the black ink pad, gently apply ink to the embossing.
Wrap cardstock around the Sweethearts box, again creasing it along the corners of the box. The un-embossed bit will be on the front of the box. Carefully make the creases crisper. Adhere to the box, and remember to put the un-embossed part in the front!
Next, take the white square and cut the Stamp die cut. Emboss the Stamp using the Love Stamp embossing folder. Gently apply ink to the embossed image using your ink pad. Adhere to the front of the box using pop-dots, concealing the un-embossed white strip.
And now you have a personalized Sweet for your Sweet for Valentine's Day!
I hope you've enjoyed this quick and easy Cuttlebug project!

Your Blog Hop word is "HOLD"
Go to Mrs J's blog to get your next word!

TFL!

81 comments:

Julie said...

Aw this is such a lovely idea...thank you!

Eva said...

What a sweet project!

Lea L. said...

Cute project!

~Lea

Mrs J said...

Jenn, this is so "sweet", love it!
Happy Love Bug Weekend!
Hugs Mrs Jx

AliMayes said...

Love your project -- off to Mrs J's in a mo after I've picked up your word of course!
Ali xx

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! You could use it to wrap any box or candybar.
Thanks so much for sharing
Gdo Bless
Catherine M

StampinCathy said...

Cute idea.

Linda . J said...

Love your project
Linda

Linda said...

Thanks for the idea and the word. Off again...

Scrapycandy said...

Thanks for the great idea and for the HOP!

Robin said...

Great project.You can use it on so many other things too. Thanks

melita said...

what a great idea! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Cute way to dress them up! Thanks for the word.

Stephanie Doan

Janna said...

What a super clever idea! Perfect for treats at a school party!

Smiles,
janna

lam said...

Just popping in to say Hello. beautiful project and now off to my word hunt...

Anonymous said...

sweethearts rock!

Tara D. said...

Great project! Thanks for the hop!

SueH said...

What a fab project and a great tutorial.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Sue
x

Devon said...

cute project! Love your blog!

kascrappy said...

what a cute idea for the kids school treats! Thanks, Kim

Lynne Forsythe said...

Ok so not sure how I got off track...am back on now...Thanks

mary stuart said...

Great project! Thanks!

Kelly Jo said...

Cute project. Thanks for the blog hopping, Fun!

Eveline said...

I always start smiling when I reach your blog. It's the music. I love it.
Got the word for the blog hop. I'm hopping on.
Eveline.

Christy said...

Oh very cute. Would be easy for the kiddos to help with too :)

Anonymous said...

I am going to do this for the kids' teachers. Great Idea! Thank you for doing this.

Blessings

Tammie said...

My Sunday School kids would love this.

Tami Bayer said...

Such a clever band for those fun hearts. It's a fun hop.

ikki said...

Thanks Jenn lovely idea. ikki

Martha said...

This is such a great idea. Love your blog and thanks for the word.

Merry said...

Thanks for the ideas...I have that Love Stamp combo and not used it much will have to dig it out now.

.:liza:. said...

So cute & quick! Thank you!

Heidi said...

Thank you for posting this, seriously. I just got the cuttlebug and didn't even know where to start. All of the projects I've seen are so elaborate and require so many different dies. This one I can do right now!! So thank you thank you!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how many ideas one can get from just hopping.

Sam said...

it would never occur to me to wrap a bar of chocolate like that! I really must do more than just make greeting cards!

Mrs. Fence said...

cute idea!

Donna said...

Great job! I love the idea.

Ziggyeor said...

That's very cute :D Maybe I can do this for my PreK class :D

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed exploring your blog and the great projects you have made. I am off hoping....thanks!

Colleen said...

What a cute idea.

silvia said...

Very cute and easy project!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the design team for all this effort!

LISA said...

CUTE PROJECT.

Unknown said...

loving everything I am seeing! Thanks for sharing a cute project!

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea for those "sweet"candy hearts. I'm going to make some!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. J,
What a clever idea for those "sweet" candy hearts. I'm going to make some!

Sheree Milne said...

loving your project

thanks
sheree

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Very cute!

angelmom916 aka Linda said...

Such a cute idea. Thanks for the fun

Unknown said...

Great project - Thanks!!!

ThatOtherSharon said...

Great quick and easy project! Thanks for all your efforts to make this weekend happen.

Libby Dyson said...

This is a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing and I just love this blog hop. Thanks again

Lyn S said...

Lovely project Jenn!

Just Sew Sue said...

Cute project

kc_froglady said...

fantastic idea - will be an quick easy way to do valentine treats for a class too!

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea Jenn! Have a great weekend!

Hugs

~Spike

Anonymous said...

terrific! love the project

Kim Costello said...

Gorgeous card, this is great fun, thank you off to hop onto the next,
HuGs Kim :D

Caro said...

Gorgeous project

debb said...

Cute idea!

Anonymous said...

cute idea!

Carolyn Miller

barbie391 said...

Thanks for the fun and ideas

Monika/Buzsy said...

Just hopping by... nove the sponging on the embossed piece. TFS!

Sunshinecoastgrl said...

Great Idea! and so easy. Love your blog, so many interesting things! Thanks for sharing, Colleen

reflections:0) said...

easy to do thank you...


reflections:0)

RAP said...

Cute and simple idea. Easy to do for a classroom.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the project -- very cute.

Anonymous said...

Cute way to use tyhe cuttlebug die.

Jennie K. said...

Thank you for the project idea and good directions.

Jane said...

Love the eye candy!

Jane

Anonymous said...

yay! more chocolate art! cute stuff!

Suzanne said...

Love Sweet Tarts and love your project!

Scrappywonder said...

I’m another newbie @ blog hopping!! yee haw R ;)

Deb M. said...

Love this project...so cute!!

TFS...

Denise said...

great idea....hoppity hop

lisa808 said...

Hi there. Fun blog hop and cute project.

Sharon said...

What a cute way to dress up the box. Really cute!

Karen said...

Second time today I've seen that 14 stamp and loved it: I've never used my set! Shame on me eh? TFS

Erika Clark said...

Thanks for sharing your project, and by the way I love your Veggie Tales tune! We have lots of them here!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for such a cute and quick idea!!!

Gail S. said...

This is fun blog hopping and checking out so many new blog I have never visited! Thanks for sharing.