BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #24

It's time for another Cuttlebug Challenge! I can't believe how fast the month has gone by... pretty soon it will be 2010!! Wow!

This week we were challenged to use a digital cupcake stamp download from Regina @ The Cutting Cafe. Digital stamps are images you download and print from your computer (instead of using a rubber or acrylic stamp) that you can do whatever you want with.... like watercoloring, adding glitter, flocking, embossing, etc.

I chose to cut my cupcake into pieces and use it as a template for a paper piecing for this LO:


Every year, I bring cupcakes to my kid's classes to celebrate their birthdays. I had this cute cupcake paper and thought it would be perfect for my oldest DD's cupcake pictures from this year. I used a sketch that was for 4 pictures, but when I went to print my pictures out, I discovered I didn't have enough! So, when I was thinking about what I was going to do for this challenge, I remembered this cupcake LO, and thought the digi stamps would be perfect.

I had 2 pictures that were good to use, but needed 2 more.... that's where I put my cupcake paper piecings. I printed out my cupcake of choice, cut it out, then traced it onto light brown cardstock. I cut out 2 whole cupcakes, and 2 of just the bottom portion. I took the 2 cupcake bottoms and cut a couple strips. I inked all the pieces and and popped the strips with thick Zots.

Then I took my cupcake print out and cut the top off. I then traced 2 cupcake tops out of dark brown cardstock. After cutting those out, I embossed them in the Cuttlebug using Swiss Dots, then added Stickles to look like sprinkles, and also to match the paper. :)


I used 3D foam squares to attach the cupcake top to the light brown bottom. I really like the way they turned out, and I think they are perfect for this LO!

Materials:

DCWV paper

CTMH cardstock and ink

Cuttlebug embossing with Swiss Dots

Stickles (Platinum)

Thickers chipboard stickers

TFL!

14 comments:

Jenn K said...

Another great layout!!

Allison said...

love how it all links in from the paper to the cupcake images and of course the photos
Great work
AllisonX

debb said...

Great layout!

Karen said...

Fantastic layout and love all that chocolate icing and cupcake background papers!

danni reid. said...

fabulous layout!!!

Eva said...

Wonderful layout!

Neva said...

Hot cute is that cupcake, I have got to get a better printer. This is the 3rd one that has not worked like I need it too. aaarrrrrgggggg

Cassie said...

love the swiss dots and stickles on the cupcake!! great idea!

Regina Easter said...

awesome layout...hugs

Mrs J said...

Great layout Jenn, very 'sweet'! Love what you did with the 2 cupcakes, they look good enough to eat!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Nathalia Castellon said...

Such a rich and chocolately good layout! :)

Rosemary said...

Love your cupcake layout!!..your photos are just too cute...perfect background paper!!

Christy said...

That is really great!

Amber said...

Jenn love your layout! Your patterend paper is adorable!
Hugs
Amber