BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #21

Happy Wednesday! Today brings you another challenge from the Cuttlebug Challenge blog! This week's challenge is to create something with watercolors! I came up with this card:

Materials used:
black and white cardstock scraps from stash
StazOn ink (jet black)
white pigment ink
Prima flowers
computer printing
Cuttlebug embossing using Skeleton Scroll
stamps by Queen Kat Designs
Twinkling H2O's
This was a quick and easy card to make! First, I embossed the front of the card with Skeleton Scroll embossing folder, then lightly inked the embossing with white pigment ink. In the bottom corner of the card, I created a cluster of Prima flowers.
I stamped 2 skulls and 2 crowns using Queen Kat stamps with StazOn ink onto white cardstock scraps. Then, I colored the images using Twinkling H2O's in Ruby Red, Jasmine, Icicles, and Mystic Blue. After the images were dry, I cut them out and added them to the flower cluster using foam squares for dimension. I printed a saying from the computer, tore the edges, and used Twinkling H2O's "Jasmine" on the edges. Added a few more flowers by the sentiment, and that's it! Easy peasy! :)
I really LOVE the way this turned out. I had a hard time getting a good picture though :(
I just love skulls and these little guys (or girls?) with the cute heart-shaped eyes are just so STINKIN' CUTE! LOL
Make sure to check back on Friday to see my little tutorial for Cuttlebug Challenge's Fab Friday!
TFL!

13 comments:

Becky G said...

Super fun card, Jenn! I love all the pink and black. Your background is so cool!

Hugs~Becky

Eva said...

WOW, what a fun card is this. Cute stamps and the background is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!! Love the fun skulls.

Allison said...

cool card Jenn, love the skulls and the colours
AllisonX

Lea L. said...

What an adorable card! I love the girle skulls!! Great job with the watercolor challenge!

~Lea

danni reid. said...

this is so funky cool, love it!

Rosemary said...

OMG!!..this is so cute and I would never have thought to use that folder!! WTG!!

Cassie said...

this is so super fun!

Unknown said...

I just came over from CB Challenge to tell you this is a FAB card. I love it! Makes me want to buy that embossing folder after all! Great job :)

Anonymous said...

Great job! I never would have thought to use that folder unless it was halloween! I think I may have to take another look!
Peggy

Amber said...

Oh my goodness Jenn this is too cute!!! Love the little skeletons! LOVE it!
Hugs
Amber

Unknown said...

how adorable!!! i just saw this folder today...may have to get it!!!

Melanie said...

I LOVE it!!!