I completed this page earlier this evening. I think I like it.... I'm not quite sure yet. LOL It's not how I "envisioned" it, but then again, I didn't really have anything specific in mind! :)
I decided to work this for a few different challenges: Scrapbook Bingo's Virtual Crop bonus challenge #4 (make a Pirate themed LO) and Creative Scrappers "Let's go green" challenge (use at least one recycled item). The background is cardboard from a USPS Priority box. My oldest DD had a pirate themed birthday party in Feb. this year. I got a pirate set (geared toward the 3-5 crowd) at the dollar store that had the hook and eyepatch (it was missing the hat). I wanted to get a few pics of her and all her Piratey-ness, and what does she do? She picks her nose with the hook! LOL Typical. But it did make for a funny pic! As soon as I saw this pic, the Shel Silverstien poem "Captain Hook" came to mind.
The pic is not the best... the poem reads:
Captain Hook must remember not to scratch his toes.
Captain Hook must watch out and never pick his nose.
Captain Hook must be gentle when he shakes your hand.
Captain Hook must be careful openin' sardine cans
And playing tag and pouring tea
And turnin' pages of his book.
Lots of folks I'm glad I ain't--
But mostly Captain Hook!
TFL!




3 comments:
You're hilarious! I shall come avast often as I please! Aaaarrrbbbeee Darrr!
I am absolutely LOVING this layout. UBER adorable!!!!
That is insanely awsome! Love it and can't wait until our next trip to WDW...Alex loves the pirates and now I have a great LO idea!
Post a Comment