BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Untitled

I've been scrappin' away for Scrapbook Bingo's Virtual Crop, and I've been forgetting to do any sketch challenges on Sketches! by Tamara, and I haven't kept up at Creative Scrappers, either.

So, I decided to scrap these pics (I thought I'd scrap some older pics since they were already printed. These pics are from 2005. And I'm even further behind than that! Scary, I know... and sad :( LOL ) and I needed some inspiration.... so I headed over to Sketches! by Tamara. First I decided to follow Recipe #16 (stitching/sewing, paper tearing, and ribbon) but I was just having a hard time placing the photos. That's when I noticed LO sketch #63 could be done with 2 photos. So, with a little tweaking, I came up with this LO. There's no title..... I'm not sure I want to title it. I mean, not EVERY page has to have a title, right? Right?

So this page is for Recipe #16 and Sketch #63. I think I like the way it turned out. It gave me some major hassles with my adhesive though! I inked with gold ink all over all the papers and my ATG tape decided it didn't want to stick to the ink! Poop! So I had to pull out some liquid glue that I've had for YEARS. It worked, but it warped the paper and photos a little. :( So I'm going to try leaving it under a heavy book for a few days! LOL The 3 little snowflakes were stamped then I used a piercer to make guide holes in the designs. I took some floss and stitched the snowflakes, then rubbed the gold ink over them.
cardstock and patterned paper: DCWV
ink: studio g
marker: Zig Writer (pure black)
vellum: from stash
Cuttlebug "D'vine Swirls"
velvet ribbon: from stash

TFL!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love the effect on the torn edges!

Unknown said...

I totally ran out of time for that challenge!!! Ek! Yours turned out nice!!!!